Friday, December 24, 2010
Sign the petition: War crimes committed by Turkey against the people of Cyprus in 1974 and ever since
To: The National Parliaments of countries Members of the United Nations, and the U.S. Congress.
We the undersigned, hereby Petition THE NATIONAL PARLIAMENTS OF ALL COUNTRIES MEMBERS OF THE UNITED NATIONS to condemn Turkey for the crimes of war it committed in Cyprus following a military invasion and occupation in 1974. The serial war crimes Turkey is accountable for, are:
- Ethnic cleansing of all Greek Cypriots from the occupied areas of Cyprus. 200000 people in 1974 were brutally expelled from their homes and property.
- Torture, rape, murder, ill treatment, humiliation, disappearance, of innocent civilians and prisoners of war, premeditated and on a vast scale.
- Influx of Turkish settlers, following the Ethnic cleansing of all the Greeks, who were settled on the properties of the Greek Cypriots.
In 1974 Turkey invaded Cyprus, an independent, sovereign country, Member of the United Nations, on false pretenses and occupied 37% of its territory.
6500 people were killed during the invasion.
1600 people went missing.
200000 people, 33% of the population, were ethnically cleansed from the occupied areas. The dimension of the criminal human tragedy for Cyprus, a country with a population of half a million in 1974 can be seen from the following comparison with the population of other countries:
- Equivalent to 48 million Russians
- Equivalent to 100 million Americans
- Equivalent to 27 million Germans
- Equivalent to 20 million Britons
- Equivalent to 21 million French people
The Turkish war crimes against Turkey were verified, judged, and Turkey condemned by the European courts in the Cyprus Vs Turkey court actions 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- Geneva convention for prisoners of war.
- United Nations Charter
- European Aquis
- European Conventions on Human Rights.
- Universal Declaration for Human Rights.
THE UNDERSIGNED RESPECTFULLY REQUEST:
- The condemnation of Turkey as war criminal
- Turkey to be called to remove unconditionally all troops and the Turkish settlers from the occupied areas of Cyprus.
We appeal for the solidarity of the citizens of the World in order to restore faith in justice and the respect of Law and Order, being the cornerstone of World order and the guarantee for peace and stability around the World.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.petitiononline.com/wcrime74/